The Inquiry Hub provides grade 9-12 students an innovative, technology driven, full-time program which allows them to pursue their own learning questions by shaping their educational experience around their interests instead of structured classes.
Who is the Inquiry Hub for?
The Inquiry Hub is for all types of learners who share a passion for knowing and investigation and have an interest in using technology to seek answers to their questions. The Inquiry Hub will appeal to families who are seeking a smaller, cooperative learning environment where students can focus on their interests individually and in small teams – those who:
- Are motivated learners that have some self-regulation skills
- Can work independently during unstructured class time
- Want a chance to apply their learning in a practical way
- Are interested in research and learning with technology
- Find structured classes do not meet their learning needs
- Are interested in learning through social networks
- Desire to work on projects which make a difference
The Inquiry Hub offers the following benefits for students:
- Instruction which blends classroom and online experiences in a hybrid model
- A student-driven inquiry approach to learning
- Significant reduction of formally structured class time and emphasis on a learning commons where students do daily group project work and individual, computer-based learning
- Class environments which group students around interests and project focus rather than grade levels
- Parents and community as active learning partners
- Extensive use of peer mentorship in cross-grade project work
- Core, inquiry-based program offerings which are extended through the extensive list of COL online courses
If you would like to find out more…
The 4 nodes through which we: Connect | Create | Learn?
What are some Key Aspects of the program that help empower our student learners?