Who is the Inquiry Hub for?
The Inquiry Hub is for all types of learners who share a passion for knowing and investigation and have an interest in using technology to seek answers to their questions. The Inquiry Hub will appeal to families who are seeking a smaller, cooperative learning environment where students can focus on their interests individually and in small teams – those who:
- Are motivated learners that have some self-regulation skills
- Can work independently during unstructured class time
- Want a chance to apply their learning in a practical way
- Are interested in research and learning with technology
- Find structured classes do not meet their learning needs
- Are interested in learning through social networks
- Desire to work on projects which make a difference
Accepting Application Forms for September 2015
Each student wishing to apply to attend to the Inquiry Hub in the 2013/2014 school year will have to fill out an APPLICATION FORM and families will be invited to an interview with the Principal or Vice Principal.
About The Inquiry Hub
Connect – Create – Learn
This is the process behind the Inquiry Hub, a new initiative by Coquitlam Open Learning and School District #43. The COL Inquiry Hub is a full-time grade 9-12 program which brings students together in a technology-facilitated environment and encourages them to explore their own questions from 4 key nodes (or lenses): Identity (Self and Social Awareness), Stewardship, Communication, and Design.
The Inquiry Hub offers the following benefits for students:
- Instruction which blends classroom and online experiences in a hybrid model
- A student-driven inquiry approach to learning
- Significant reduction of formally structured class time and emphasis on a learning commons where students do daily group project work and individual, computer-based learning
- Class environments which group students around interests and project focus rather than grade levels
- Parents and community as active learning partners
- Extensive use of peer mentorship in cross-grade project work
- Core, inquiry-based program offerings which are extended through the extensive list of COL online courses